Tuesday, November 18, 2008

On Nauseousness

Here is a quick list of some things that have made me nauseous/sick in the last few months:

  • while driving, if I looked in the rear view mirror then back at the road it was not good
  • scrolling my computer screen too fast
  • being vertical for any amount of time
  • smelling anything
  • eating anything other than cheerios, pickles or cottage cheese
  • rolling over in my sleep
  • taking a shower
  • walking around
I think I'm getting a little better now...day by day. This tiny fetus is wearing me out! Ryan has been so patient with my sleeping/napping/being horizontal schedule lately. I just keep believing that one of these mornings I'll wake up feeling AWESOME, full of ENERGY and ready to have a lot of fun! Yahoo! Until then, I'll be here...on the couch.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

How about brushing your teeth? That one lasted my entire pregnancy. Gag! Trust me, around 14-16 weeks you will start feeling better and have more energy, but don't get me wrong, you will still need a nap! Nap now honey, you'll need it! And yea! for a supportive husband!

Anonymous said...

Wheat thins seemed to help me when I was preggers. I always had a box (reduced fat) with me!

Anonymous said...

I use to drink alot of Ginger Ale, good stuff and ginger is suppose to calm an upset stomach! The bad part will be over soon

Debbie Mann

Andy said...

I ate six oranges one day in my first trimester : ) AND taking your prenatal vitamin at night before bed helps. I made the mistake of taking it during the day like a dope and I felt gross.

Good news is the 2nd trimester is the bomb...bad news, it flys by then you're in you're thirdtrimester and the baby is pushing your stomach into your nasal cavity. More Good news...your stomach eventually returns and by the...TADA!...you're holding your baby : )

J Aquila said...

One of my best friends is also prego and went through a lot of what you're experiencing right now. Everything just made her feel sick. the good news is, that went away and she is pretty active, for the most part and well into the 2nd trimester.

You're a tough kid. You can get through it. I know you're also going to be a great mom.

Anonymous said...

Everyone is different, and every pregnancy is different. The same thing that helped me the first time made me sick the third time...go figure. Just sleep. lots. :)