Thursday, July 10, 2008

Shenanigans

In honor of the 4th day of the week (Thursday) I thought I'd share with you four special things about our life lately. Yes. I would consider the following four things "shenanigans"

  • First of all, most of the light bulbs in our house are burned out. Its kinda funny. The kitchen and bathroom still have some working ceiling lights, but that's about it. We use this one lamp in our living room and one in our bedroom - or we just walk around in the dark. I know I know - the simple solution would be to go buy some light bulbs...we just haven't done it. Last weekend when we lost power for 36 hours it wasn't really a big deal at all since we never use our light switches anyway.
  • A couple of nights ago I was laying in bed and I heard this little "bleep" every 30 minutes or so. Ryan got home yesterday afternoon from being on call and tried to go to sleep, but he heard it too. Last night we walked around with our ears sticking out trying to locate where it was coming from. We didn't find it yet. We know it's not coming from the attic. It's still "bleep"ing as I type this.
  • Our bathroom sink has been draining a tad slowly, so I took off the stopper this week and looked in with a flashlight. It was pretty gross in there. I decided to use the longest thing I could find to try to scoop out some of the gook - my fingernail file. I didn't really help much, so I went for the Liquid Drano...which didn't help much either. Looks like I'm going to have to call some professionals about this one.
  • I took my car in for a routine oil change one week ago today. Since then, the oil light has been on, the engine light came on and there is this crazy revving/rattling noise. So, of course, my car is back in the shop.
So there you go. Shenanigans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it could be a smoke detector that is low on batteries. They usually beat when they are going low.

Anonymous said...

pull the trap off under the sink. there's a bunch of hair and gunk in there. it's easy. i know, i'm a professional.