Friday, July 11, 2008

On blogging...

Today a great friend of mine told me she thought I died.
For one reason or another Google Reader stopped updating my feed back on June 16th, so apparently, it looks like I haven't updated my blog for awhile. This also means (since I use Google Reader) I may think many of you have also died if I am not getting your updates.

Needless to say, I am alive which means many of you must also be alive. For all of out out there in the blogosphere who read this through a reader, I have no idea what to tell you or how to fix this problem. If you figure it out leave me a comment.

The good news is you can type in www.ambercox.blogspot.com or www.amberWIRE.com and everything is just as it should be.

Which leads me to another point.
I often read blogs where people write mostly about how they feel bad that they haven't posted in so long.

Here's my advice...
"Blog when you want to, don't when you don't."

Your blog should be whatever you want it to be. Post when you're inspired, when you're happy, when you have something funny or heartfelt to share. Don't stress yourself out worrying about how long it's been since your last post. Don't just post to post.

Amen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Google reader thingy quit coming up on mine too. I thought that was weird, becuause I didn't change anything. It was working, then suddenly it wasn't...
Glad you're not dead. :0)

Dawn Lovitt said...

I use the Internet Explorer feeds and it stopped working there as well...glad you are alive!

J-La-Sta said...

Thanks Amber! I read your blog regularly, but I don't think I've ever commented on it. I love your blog! I've been having "Blogger's Block" the past few days, so it helped to read this blog! Thanks! :) Jen

Anonymous said...

yeah i just happened to click on your blog thinking "amber hasn't posted in forever!" only to see that my reader says your feed no longer exists! i've been catching up the last couple of minutes. i'm alive too but my blog isn't...haven't had time or much to say lately! i'm slacking! but i like what you said about blogging...so i'm not gonna feel bad anymore...:) glad i found you again!

Kem said...

amen sister.