Thursday, June 5, 2008

What would you have done?

Ryan was on call last night so I was home alone. I drove home from work around 8pm and as I rounded the corner of the alley behind our apartment where my parking spot is I saw these two ragamuffin-looking men sitting on the ground by the trash can drinking beers. They seemed quite intoxicated, so (being the smart girl that I am) I just drove right past my parking spot back out to the road and parked my car on the street. When I got into my house I set the alarm - which is what I always do when Ryan is on call, and I walked into the kitchen where the windows overlook the alley and my parking spot. The guys were still there, but a cop car had also arrived.

I got kinda excited...wondering what was going to happen - so I inconspicuously opened the kitchen window so I could hear the exchange.

Basically, These guys apparently had never heard about the "public intoxication" law, and had quite a few things to say to the cop - who called for back-up. Two more cop cars arrived within a few minutes. There I was, looking out my kitchen window at 5 cops, 3 cop cars, two drunk guys and a trash can.

The guys didn't get in trouble, the cops just told them "don't drink in public" and sent them on their way...which was a bit disappointing for me. They just walked up the alley back over to the park across the street.

______________ But wait! There's more!______________

I can't figure out how to get the air conditioning to work in our apartment. I thought I got it before I went to bed last night, but I woke up at 3am all sweaty, so I got up to open all the windows in the house. When I got to the kitchen window I looked out and there was a different guy than before and he was PEEING ON MY HOUSE!!!

For real.

I considered poking my own eyes out from utter disgust, but it was 3am, so I just laughed and went back to bed...

What would you have done?

11 comments:

Nic said...

In the deepest voice I could possible muster I would have yelled "HEY" Then hide and giggle about it...In fact that's basically what I do at our apartment when the people above us decide to water thier plants and niagra starts pouring doun on our deck. I always yell hey and Jen tells me to stop it.

Mindy said...

keep a bucket of cold water handy... then just say you're rinsing off the side of the house as you give him a quick shower - probably his first in months.

well maybe that's what someone on a tv show would do... i think at 3 AM i would've gone back to bed too. still... gross.

post a sign that says "i don't live in your toilet, please don't pee on my house."

amberWIRE said...

Nic - can you please record your "HEY" so I can play it when needed?

Leticia said...

Oh my goodness! Amber, I'm so glad that you're smart and switched your parking plans! About the whole peeing thing, who knows, how strange! Maybe squirt him with a squirt gun? Or sprayer from the kitchen sink? Honestly, I don't think I could have thought that fast in the middle of the night!

I hope you get your AC figured out soon. If not, come stay at our house for a few nights (or really, as long as you want! Seriously.). Whatever you do, DON'T live in the crazy heat and humidity!!!

heather said...

gotta love Prospect. i would thank my lucky stars i had an alarm system... :)

amberWIRE said...

Amen Heather! Amen!

Sarah said...

I am so glad that you weren't harrassed and bothered by them. I think I would have called the cops again about the peeing incident. Maybe I'm too mean about it...but that would make me upset. Anyway, I am glad you are okay and hang in there with the AC. Love you!

Anonymous said...

We had cops break up a gang fight on our front lawn last weekend. I have the tire tracks on my flower bed to prove it! The ol' coperoony drove right up on our lawn! The nerve!

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is im glad you had your alarm system too. I love ours and I do feel more safe with it!

Debbie Mann

Anonymous said...

Reading this post brought me back to the time when you were like 11, and we went walking at that park by the river. You saw a drunk guy and your eyes were big as saucers. I can't imagine you had ever seen a drunk guy before that. It's a funny memory for me. Aren't you glad I exposed you to all kinds of people so you would be prepared for the "peeing on the house" incident?

CyndiAKADisneyqueen said...

So Michelle can you share some tips, because I don't think I would ever be prepared for someone peeing on my house! I probably would have started screaming and banging on the walls (lol).