Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Katie

My beautiful friend Katie came to visit tonight. I took this picture of her after dinner and it turned out quite nice, don't you think?

Katie and I have been friends since the first time we met - in Mrs. Wetzel's Kindergarten class. I stamped her library card...she dumped the sandbox on me. We went through elementary school, middle school, high school, college (she was at Calvin while I was at Hope), and our friendship has grown stronger every year since we were 5.

She is my oldest friend - the friend I've had for more years than any other friend. Katie and I grew up going to youth group together, serving on mission trips together, being counselors at Camp Adventure together, she even stood beside me at my wedding!

I love you Katie and I cherish our friendship. Thank you for being my friend all these years!

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up! But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" - Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

1 comment:

katie holt said...

i love you! i'm so glad you're my oldest friend! and you look so good for being my oldest friend! :)

i love that you're my friend that i can lay my heart on the line and you get it. you have an amazing ability for making me feel better and lighter after we talk. you're amazing and i can't wait to be friends forever!

thank you for last night! it was so great to spend time up there with you. i actually wanted to get pulled over on the way home so someone could see me looking so beautiful after you were done!

you're amazing and my life is better because of you! i love you!